A new church holiday…the annual pictorial!
Yes, today I GOT to get my picture taken for the church directory! Definitely, not a pleasant experience for me. I love to take pictures of other people, but… my picture? Absolutely not!
So, why is it when you have your picture taken:
- It Rains and then turns sunny and humid?
- My hair wants to go flat no matter how much hair spray I put on it. So much for the O-zone?
- The new eye cream a friend had given to me doesn’t seem to remove those tiny lines even though I was very faithful this past week in carefully putting it on morning and night. And the scrub and Alpha-Hydroxy cream only make my skin appear red instead of youthful and taut?
- The wonder filler that acts as a “primer on canvas” seems to have found another picture?
- My freshly laundered french blue top still had grease spots on it?
- And I forgot to use the whitening strips long enough?
The good news I had gotten a new shade of lipstick from my friend. More pale with a hint of rose like they wear on TV. But I needed to wear my lip liner and kept digging for it in the car before I got to church.. And when I found it… well, it had melted! So,being resourceful, I decided I would do like my nieces and god-daughter. Layer! First, goes the lipstick and then another color of lip gloss and then a clear gloss. Ok. I could do that minus the clear gloss!
The other bit of good news was that the photographer was pleasant and fun! Even though he wanted me to do that hokey thing with my hands up at my face! See, I had worked in the yard this afternoon and had our famous Southern red clay stain on my hands! Couldn’t get the dang stuff off and I was running out of time to get to my appointment. So, I just did a “lick and a promise” and made sure my fingernails were clean!
So I get to the sitting and try to relax. Up straight. Tilt your head this way. Move your knees slightly to the right. All the while, I’m thinking, I hope my hairspray has held up for the moment and that this last year of crows feet and smile lines are miraculously removed!
The photo session is over and I go to wait. Waiting for them to up charge me on the photo shop trick they do. I sit down and begin to look at the pictures. First, the one with me sticking my tongue out! And then more of me tilting and turning and folding my hands.
And then…the PICTORIAL DIRECTORY selection!
I looked at this picture of this woman who I thought was me complete with the smile lines, crow’s-feet and coffee-stained teeth and thought…
God, You played a trick on me today! I’m just the way I’m suppose to be right now… even if I have red clay stain hands!
Grace and love to you!